After 25 years, I still relish working with kids and math. What I enjoy most is watching students relaxing into their own understanding, developing solid skills and growing into confident, self-aware individuals.
In addition to my interest and delight in the study of mathematics, I bring a wealth of other experience to my work with students. I have taught everything from math to yoga. I have had the opportunity to wander all over the world, start my own business selling organic soft pretzels here in Portland, and live and work on an organic farm in Santa Cruz, California. I am also trained in somatic psychology and I currently work as a mind-body therapist here in Portland.
- BS in Cognitive Science, Brown University
- Masters in Education, Portland State University
- Oregon Advanced Math Teaching License
- Taught courses in math, computer science, physics, art, environment, yoga and meditation
- Math and Science Education Research, University of California, Berkeley